MODCAT and MOD-BARGE Module selection to Platform Requirements
MODCATS are supplied in Standard Sponson – Deck – Support and are supplied as a fully constructed platform up to deck level.
MODCATS are specifically designed to save weight and deliver on strength and durability, and come in these primary sizes.
MODCAT 600 LOA – 5800 mm Beam - 4900 mm
MODCAT 900 LOA – 9000 mm Beam - 4900 mm
MODCAT 1200 LOA – 11800 mm Beam - 4900 mm
MODCAT 1500 LOA – 15000 mm Beam - 4900 mm
MODCAT 1800 LOA – 18000 mm Beam - 4900 mm
Standard MODCAT Sponsons and deck assemblies are all compatible allowing our clients to retro, or refit vessels by simple bolt on procedures on site.
MOD-BARGES are supplied in Standard Sponson – Deck – Support, and are supplied as a fully constructed platform up to deck level.
MOD-BARGES are specifically designed to save weight, and deliver on strength and durability, and come in these primary sizes.
MOD-BARGE 600 LOA – 5800 mm Beam - 4500 mm
MOD-BARGE 900 LOA – 9000 mm Beam - 4000 mm
MODCAT 1200 LOA – 11800 mm Beam - 4000 mm
MODCAT 1800 LOA – 18000 mm Beam - 6000 mm
Standard MOD-BARGE Pontoon and deck assemblies are all compatible allowing our clients to retro, or refit vessels by simple bolt on procedures on site.
Platform Strength is engineered for Purpose
The value of standardized platform design is that by simply increasing the standard modules plate thickness, and either increasing or reducing bulkheads, frames and stringer spacing intervals, the Modules can be engineered infinitely to suit the client requirements with regard to the following:
- Shallow Draft with high manoeuvrability
- Propulsion - Modules cater for Inboard and Outboard Options including Jets, Sterndrives and hydraulic drive options,
- Portability – Platforms can be disassembled at site and moved in a standard GP Container,
- Reduced Delivery, and Duties costs to clients, and local construction possible when supplied as a Modular flat pack vessel,
- Delivery Freight and Rigging Costs, which are approximately 60% less when compared to a fixed Hull platform,
- Local Assembly – Manufacture and Commissioning allows for Import Tariff reductions as a Knockdown platform,
- Site Assembly time and costs are reduced – 4 days from arrival to launch,
- Fuel Efficient and Payload Capable.
The assembled MODCAT or MOD-BARGE Platform provides an extremely stable platform fully capable of delivering excellent operational payload capacities and range.
Payload and Volume carrying Capacity
MODCATS From 3 tons - 25 tons
MOD-BARGES From 10 tons - > 60 tons
Superstructure and Fit-out Options
The clients Superstructure requirements, when considering the available deck space, provided by the design, are fully catered for in either existing design as a sister-ship, alternatively, Choose from existing Superstructure concept design’s, Internal GA‘s and a comprehensive list of OEM deck equipment and fittings, or have their platform anointed to suit their specific operational requirements.
This makes the MODCAT & MOD-BARGE platforms ideal for the following applications:
- Aquaculture Operations
- Hospitality and Accommodation Platforms
- Passenger Transport Vessels
- Freight Platforms
- Pump Stations
- Floating Mobile Medical Facilities
- Mobile Marine Clinic’s
- Game Viewing Cruisers
- Salvage and Supply Platforms
- Environmental Work vessels
- Paramilitary and Patrol Operations
- Mobile Marine Refuelling Bowser
Please note that all dimensions and statistics provided are approximate prior to final design layout and client instructions have been finalized.